Software Product Manager
Your success is our success
We help exchanges, banks, brokers and asset managers streamline their back-office processes for greater efficiency, transparency and security. With our long and trusted history, we deliver business-critical software solutions to some of the world’s best-known financial institutions. As an MS Gold Partner, we work with cutting-edge technology.
We believe in
Putting the user at the heart of everything we do
Streamlining complex processes
Challenging the status quo and finding better ways to do things
Aiming high and celebrating our own, and our clients’ successes
Which means we invest time to really understand our market, listen carefully to our customers, seek highly driven people to join our team and support them to innovate, hone their expertise, and reach their highest potential.
We believe your career is a journey and to ensure it continues to head in the right direction, we invest heavily in our people. You help us reach our goals and we’ll help you reach yours.
We offer a generous salary, attractive commission and an annual bonus, but we understand that successful people need more than just a decent salary, so we’ve done some research and have developed a commitment to our people that matches their commitment to us. We offer:
- A progressive and forward-thinking culture, where everyone’s voice is heard and where continuous feedback forms part of the normal working day
- Private healthcare for employees and their dependents, including reduced gym membership, discounts on fitness gadgets, cinema tickets, and food from a range of outlets
- Flexible working arrangements – we believe in ‘work where it makes sense’. We recognise everyone has different preferences, so we currently ask you attend meetings in person for a minimum of two days per month, however our office is open, so if you thrive on more human contact you can spend as much time in the office as works for you
- Innovation Projects – regular time to discover and experiment
- A personal training budget (equivalent to 10% of your annual salary) to help you on your career journey, whilst benefitting our clients along the way
- Working with and learning from our high-profile clients in some of the world’s most outstanding financial services
- Up to 30 days paid holiday, and additional days of un-paid holiday for when life throws up other exciting opportunities
- A sociable and lively team with regular team building and group activities, as well as opportunities to get together to relax and have some fun
- Wellbeing days for those occasions when you need to focus on yourself, your health or your family
- An annual fun weekend away with colleagues to a European destination
- Birthday lunch out with the CEO and colleagues who share your birthday month
- Generous pension matching
- Life assurance
We are currently in an exciting phase of growth and are seeking an experienced and commercially astute, hands-on product manager to help drive the development of our growth product HelloZero. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established and growing team, working directly with C-level executives.
- You will most likely have experience of product management of a software product with multiple external clients (with competing demands!).
- You’ll be a strong communicator and fast learner with excellent investigative skills and a thirst for knowledge about our customers’ businesses
- You’ll be able to absorb new concepts quicky, driven by relentless curiosity with a natural intelligence
- You’ll be a solution formulator, i.e. someone that can envision what a product-centric yet individual customer suitable (based on persona) solution might look like
- You’ll be an innovative thinker who is energetic and ambitious with a proven drive to succeed
- You’ll be someone who enjoys working collaboratively with colleagues and clients
- Candidates with exposure to futures-trading and/or derivatives post-trade operations would have a significant advantage.
What will be expected from you and the skills and expertise we are looking for.
- Collect and analyse feedback from customers (including face-to-face meetings) and other stakeholders to shape requirements and features, translating our product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes (including generating user stories)
- Build a deep understanding of our customers’ experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve the customer experience and drive growth
- Create support and training documents for internal and external users
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding
- Produce and review product requirements documents such as user stories, and define suitable acceptance criteria
- Work with senior management and our development team to create product plans and roadmaps, developing and implementing product strategies consistent with our company vision
- Prioritise the implementation of new features and releases based on business and customer impact
- Create articles for Kynetix knowledge base
- Keep track of industry trends and analyse the competition
Skills and expertise
- Experience as a Product Owner or similar role in software product management
- A fast learner who can grasp concepts quickly and ask probing and insightful questions
- Hands-on experience of managing all stages of the product life cycle
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, particularly listening, questioning, and shaping the direction a solution may take
- Familiarity of and comfort with working within an Agile delivery model
- Technical background with an understanding of software development and web technologies
- Good organizational skills with the ability to prioritise
- An out of the box, creative thinker
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to ‘roll up your sleeves to get the job done’
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
Nice to haves
- Familiarity with modern web architecture and topics such as non-functional requirements
- Basic understanding of SQL at a conceptual level (e.g. normalisation, indexes), and the ability to write simple queries
- Knowledge of futures and options trading, post-trade operations or similar
If you think we’re a match, we’d love to hear from you!
This role is open to anyone who has current and ongoing eligibility to work in the UK. Kynetix does not offer sponsorship.
To make the most productive use of your time and ours, we run a multi-step application process.
- In the first instance please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once we’ve reviewed your CV we may invite you to a short screening call (Approx. 15 mins)
- Suitable candidates will be invited to an attitude interview (This is to understand your attitude towards your career, your communication style and how you work as part of a team. It also gives you the opportunity to ask questions about the role and working at Kynetix. It establishes whether you’re right for us and we’re right for you. (Approx. 1 hour)
- If we’re a good match for one another we’ll invite you to join us for skills interview where we’ll provide you with a short exercise to complete and present to us, delve a little deeper into your previous experience, what you’ve learned and what skills you’ve picked up along the way. (Approx. 2 hours)