Senior Business Analyst
Your success is our success
We help exchanges, banks, brokers and asset managers streamline their back-office processes for greater efficiency, transparency and security. With our long and trusted history, we deliver business-critical software solutions to some of the world’s best-known financial institutions. As an MS Gold Partner, we work with cutting-edge technology.
We believe in
Putting the user at the heart of everything we do
Streamlining complex processes
Challenging the status quo and finding better ways to do things
Aiming high and celebrating our own, and our clients’ successes
Which means we invest time to really understand our market, listen carefully to our customers, seek highly driven people to join our team and support them to innovate, hone their expertise, and reach their highest potential.
We believe your career is a journey and to ensure it continues to head in the right direction, we invest heavily in our people. You help us reach our goals and we’ll help you reach yours.
We offer a generous salary, attractive commission and an annual bonus, but we understand that successful people need more than just a decent salary, so we’ve done some research and have developed a commitment to our people that matches their commitment to us. We offer:
- A progressive and forward-thinking culture, where everyone’s voice is heard and where continuous feedback forms part of the normal working day
- Private healthcare for employees and their dependents, including reduced gym membership, discounts on fitness gadgets, cinema tickets, and food from a range of outlets
- Flexible working arrangements – we believe in ‘work where it makes sense’. We recognise everyone has different preferences, so we currently ask you attend meetings in person for a minimum of two days per month, however our office is open, so if you thrive on more human contact you can spend as much time in the office as works for you
- Innovation Projects – regular time to discover and experiment
- A personal training budget (equivalent to 10% of your annual salary) to help you on your career journey, whilst benefitting our clients along the way
- Working with and learning from our high-profile clients in some of the world’s most outstanding financial services
- Up to 30 days paid holiday, and additional days of un-paid holiday for when life throws up other exciting opportunities
- A sociable and lively team with regular team building and group activities, as well as opportunities to get together to relax and have some fun
- Wellbeing days for those occasions when you need to focus on yourself, your health or your family
- An annual fun weekend away with colleagues to a European destination
- Birthday lunch out with the CEO and colleagues who share your birthday month
- Generous pension matching
- Life assurance
We are currently in an exciting phase of growth and development and are seeking an experienced Senior .NET Developer as part of our software development team, delivering and maintaining our enterprise solutions to our financial services clients, which include a mix of bespoke financial market infrastructure solutions and our software products.
- You’ll be a be a strong developer who enjoys working collaboratively with colleagues and clients
- You’ll have an outstanding record of full-stack development
- You’ll be ambitious with a strong drive to succeed
- You’ll be an innovative thinker and problem solver
- You’ll be a strong team player who is very familiar with working as part of a geographically dispersed team
What will be expected from you and the skills and expertise we are looking for.
- Coding as an integral part of our agile team
- Ensuring our coding and UX standards and guidelines are followed
- Contributing to product feature design and development effort
- Some 3rd Line technical support including regular on-call out of hours cover for our customers’ critical market infrastructure solutions
- Adherence to our company standards, processes and methods including creating technical documentation
- Helping to meet our infosec, performance, code quality and UX needs are met.
- Support for Business Development as required (e.g. providing estimates as appropriate)
- Contributing to our team to ensure continued technical excellence
- A good understanding of CI/CD – Azure DevOps would be a big plus
- Top-notch communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong technical knowledge evidenced by technical certifications (aligned to the technologies we use)
- Proven teamwork and collaboration skills, delivering to tight timescales with the agreed level of function and quality
- Excellent problem-solving skills and debugging ability
- Pragmatism around solutions, demonstrating a reasoned approach
- Thorough understanding of topics like branching strategy, CI/CD and release cycles, Git, DevOps, etc
- A track record of taking ownership of projects and new challenges
- An ability to work with deadlines and conflicting priorities
Skills and expertise
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in commodities and post-trade activities, especially physical deliveries and settlements, most likely working within a software company, commodities trading firm or bank or another related financial institution.
- A fast learner who can grasp concepts quickly and ask probing and insightful questions
- Solid track record in capturing, documenting and refining business requirements for complex processes
- A thorough understanding of software development including agile, together with the ability to work to timelines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential, particularly listening, questioning and gently challenging
- A good understanding of the trading lifecycle
- The ability to envision alternative solutions and able to work under your own initiative whilst recognising the importance of teamwork
- Proven problem solving ability
- Experience working with SQL with the ability to write simple queries
- Experience in providing realistic work estimates
- Understanding of how software testing works
- Proven teamwork and collaboration skills
- Proven experience of commercially sound, pragmatic delivery
If you think we’re a match, we’d love to hear from you!
This role is open to anyone who has current and ongoing eligibility to work in the UK. Kynetix does not offer sponsorship.
To make the most productive use of your time and ours, we run a multi-step application process.
- In the first instance please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will invite suitable candidates to take an online test to help us gauge what level you are working at (80 minutes max)
- We may invite you to attend an attitude interview (MS Teams) with Chris, Principal Solutions Architect, and Nikki, Head of People and Culture, to understand how you work as part of a team, your communication preferences and problem-solving skills (1hr)
- The final step will be a skills interview (MS Teams) with Chris, Principal Solutions Architect, and one of our senior developers (approx. 2 hrs)