Senior Business Analyst
Your success is our success
We help exchanges, banks, brokers and asset managers streamline their back-office processes for greater efficiency, transparency and security. With our long and trusted history, we deliver business critical software solutions to some of the world’s best-known financial institutions.
We believe in
Putting the user at the heart of everything we do
Streamlining complex processes
Challenging the status quo and finding better ways to do things
Aiming high and celebrating our own, and our clients’ successes
Which means we invest time to really understand our market, listen carefully to our customers, seek highly driven people to join our team and support them to innovate, hone their expertise, and reach their highest potential.
We believe your career is a journey and to ensure it continues to head in the right direction, we invest heavily in our people. You help us reach our goals and we’ll help you reach yours.
We offer a generous salary, attractive commission and an annual bonus, but we understand that successful people need more than just a decent salary, so we’ve done some research and have developed a commitment to our people that matches their commitment to us. We offer:
- A progressive and forward-thinking culture, where everyone’s voice is heard and where continuous feedback forms part of the normal working day
- Private healthcare for employees and their dependents, including reduced gym membership, discounts on fitness gadgets, cinema tickets, and food from a range of outlets
- Flexible working arrangements – we believe in ‘work where it makes sense’. We recognise everyone has different preferences, so we currently ask you attend meetings in person for a minimum of two days per month, however our office is open, so if you thrive on more human contact you can spend as much time in the office as works for you
- Innovation Projects – regular time to discover and experiment
- A personal training budget (equivalent to 10% of your annual salary) to help you on your career journey, whilst benefitting our clients along the way
- Working with and learning from our high-profile clients in some of the world’s most outstanding financial services
- Up to 30 days paid holiday, and additional days of un-paid holiday for when life throws up other exciting opportunities
- A sociable and lively team with regular team building and group activities, as well as opportunities to get together to relax and have some fun
- Wellbeing days for those occasions when you need to focus on yourself, your health or your family
- An annual fun weekend away with colleagues to a European destination
- Birthday lunch out with the CEO and colleagues who share your birthday month
- Generous pension matching
- Life assurance
We are looking to recruit an experienced business analyst to work as a commercially astute solutions consultant to drive our customised solutions team. You’ll be responsible for capturing our clients’ requirements and translating them for our software engineering team, helping design solutions and working on the front line with our high-profile financial services clients.
- You’ll most likely be someone who has experience in understanding the business flows around the intersection of physical commodities and futures trading.
- You’ll enjoy working alongside clients, understanding their day-to-day challenges and identifying and providing solutions which support their company objectives.
- You’ll be inquisitive and innovative, thinking outside the box to get results and you’ll enjoy working both collaboratively and independently.
- You’ll be motivated and results-driven, ready for a challenge and enjoy working as part of a diverse team.
- You’ll recognise what ‘good enough’ means and be able to balance commercial delivery with the high-quality software that our customers expect.
- You’ll be a confident self-starter, motivated by success and professional development.
What will be expected from you and the skills and expertise we are looking for.
- Capture our clients’ requirements, creating user stories and workflows for our developers
- Form a bridge between business and technical concepts for our developers, helping to design software solutions
- Apply your industry knowledge and best practice to our solutions
- Communicate with our enterprise customers at both conceptual and detailed levels
- Identify the wider business and system impacts of change
- Perform pre-release user acceptance testing of our solutions
- Collaborate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, including our agile team and our customers’ users and senior management
- Build and maintain a ‘trusted advisor’ style relationship with our customers, helping to support and grow their businesses by providing solutions.
Skills and expertise
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in commodities and post-trade activities, especially physical deliveries and settlements, most likely working within a software company, commodities trading firm or bank or another related financial institution.
- A fast learner who can grasp concepts quickly and ask probing and insightful questions
- Solid track record in capturing, documenting and refining business requirements for complex processes
- A thorough understanding of software development including agile, together with the ability to work to timelines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential, particularly listening, questioning and gently challenging
- A good understanding of the trading lifecycle
- The ability to envision alternative solutions and able to work under your own initiative whilst recognising the importance of teamwork
- Proven problem solving ability
- Experience working with SQL with the ability to write simple queries
- Experience in providing realistic work estimates
- Understanding of how software testing works
- Proven teamwork and collaboration skills
- Proven experience of commercially sound, pragmatic delivery
If you think we’re a match, we’d love to hear from you!
This role is open to anyone who has current and ongoing eligibility to work in the UK. Kynetix does not offer sponsorship.
To make the most productive use of your time and ours, we run a multi-step application process.
- In the first instance please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once we’ve reviewed your CV we may invite you to a short screening call (Approx. 15 mins)
- Suitable candidates will be invited to an attitude interview (MS Teams) with Andy, Head of Operations and Nikki, People and Culture Lead. This is to understand your attitude towards your career and how you work as part of a team, and gives you the opportunity to ask questions about the role and working at Kynetix. It establishes whether you’re right for us and we’re right for you. (Approx. 1 hour)
- If we’re a good match for one another we’ll invite you to join Matt, CEO and Chris, Principal Solutions Architect, for a face-to-face skills interview in London, where we’ll provide you with an exercise to complete and present to us, delve a little deeper into your previous experience, what you’ve learned and what skills you’ve picked up along the way. (Approx. 2 hours)